• The day job
  • 8

The Day Job – Life lessons

Hello all.

Every lesson I learn about writing and publishing has already been discussed at length.

Here are just two examples of great sites I follow by talented authors who have already written down, edited, and shared their thoughts long before I figured anything out. These sites really help me keep a positive attitude and perspective.

The Business Rusch
Failure ahoy!

Here’s my long-time friend’s take on life lessons that have gotten him employed doing what he loves. Even if you’re not interested in the gaming industry, it’s great advice. 1, 2, 3, 4

So what about my day job? I’m employed doing what I love, so can I share that?

I don’t have the credentials to write a book on leadership. I’ve read a lot of them but only recommend two. In this adventure that we’ll call my day job, I keep seeing the same themes, basics of enlisted leadership and daily life, that I think are important and worth sharing in and out of the military.

Those of us in leadership positions are doing the best we can every day, with every person, and no two days or people are the same. I’m not the only one out there living life and learning, but I’d like to share some ideas with you so we can talk about them.

So, I’ll put it to you, my favorites.

What do you think?
Are you interested?

Post a reply, and you’re entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card.test logo

Tags: TTH, Eric Campbell, The Business Rusch, Failure Ahoy, military leaderhip, life lessons, free gift card

Powered by Qumana

You may also like...

8 Responses

1. Joelle says:

First, Yes I am totally interested in looking at your ideas and sharing my thoughts. Second, as I already said “you are awesome” and you will be a well known writer, stick to it. Third,
    what are the two books you are talking about?

2. Natalie Lindsey says:

Yes, please! I would love to hear your ideas!

3. Dave says:

Lot of truth in part about no two people being alike. Wish the rest realized that

4. Aaron says:

Love to hear your ideas and want to know what two books you recommend. I have A few I like but have limited internet connectivity so will share when I get back to the mainland if we survive the typhoon.

• Jamie says:

Batten down the hatches, my friend. Stay safe over there.

5. Anonymous says:

I’m interested in your ideas :)

6. CJ Vermote says:

Good morning – yes I am interested in your ideas. I am now retired but spend about twenty years in leadership. I wouldn’t have the credentials to write a “How To” book either and I’m not sure how successful I was but I totally get what you said about doing the best everyday with every person. You may not feel you have the credentials, however, they are not always framed on your wall or in protective sleeves in a notebook standing next to that manual in your office but life requires leadership, not simply at our jobs but for every avenue we travel.
    When I retired, I thought wow, for once in my life I have no responsibilities…this rocks. But then reality set in and I realized I don’t get out of being a leader that easy…because life still happened. So to this day I still let my leadership rear it’s head and lead on and I’m okay with that. I’m now doing what I really love, I’ve written/published one novel and editing the second one – in between that I work on my photography for my website. Life still required my leadership, just in another aspect. In a nutshell, be thankful for your leadership skills, they will carry you through the rest of your life.

1. May 3, 2014

[…] Hello all. I’ve drafted and discarded a handful of ideas in the last month to share with everyone. Here’s the problem: Every lesson I learn about wri  […]

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

TMSG Cover ver 7 b Get your copy of the Day Job collection, Tell Me Something Good, today and support the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society.

Click here

Contribute to the current charity via Amazon Kindle. Instead of cluttering your email, articles will be delivered directly to your Kindle for only $0.99 a month.

Please click HERE to subscribe via Amazon Kindle

The Amazon blog service doesn’t work with kindle reading apps, so you can:

Click here to subscribe for free

After entering your email address, please make sure to check your email  for the confirmation.

Thanks